Sunday, September 7, 2014

About Me

My name is Steven Pinterpe and I am currently a senior in the Aviation Flight Technology program at Eastern Michigan University. I first got introduced to aviation when I joined the Marine Corps and became an avionics technician on the F/A 18 fighter jet. I took my first flight lesson shortly after that and really enjoyed it. After receiving an honorable discharge from the Marines I decided I wanted to be a pilot and EMU seemed like the best fit for me. I am currently working on my commercial rating and plan and getting my CFI (certified flight instructor rating). After graduation I plan on building my hours through flight instructing or surveying . My career goal is to go into either cargo or the airlines.

Current topics that interest me are anything military because of my background and because I still have friends that serve. I am also interested in the new avionics technologies and how they are able to improve from the systems that are currently being used. Also how advancements in technology may help prevent future mishaps.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice intro. You will have a lot of opportunities with your military background - hopefully, this course will introduce to a lot of the career opportunities that you will have post graduation.

    ReplyDelete